Saturday

Marni for H & M Spring Summer 2012

It’s a summer of African inspired designs from the catwalk to the high street. I couldn’t be more excited for what Spring Summer 2012 has in store for all of us. African inspired fashion has had its many moments in fashion history over the years; it has clearly taken over 2012. The great news is the buzz is not just passing through but here to stay.
I remember sifting through the new Versace for H & M collection on the very day it launched here in the UK, the 17th of November. I can recall thinking to myself, how on earth is H & M going to top this collection. Nobody could have done it better than Consuelo Castiglioni who promises to bring the prints and graphic designs that made Marni famous.

“I wanted to create a true Marni wardrobe by revisiting all our favourite pieces in signature fabrics and prints” says Consuelo Castiglioni the designer behind this famous brand.

Now that we know Marni will be going for a lot of bohemian items, bright coloured prints and African inspired designs – all I can say is the hype surrounding the Versace for H & M collection was just a warm up of what’s to come. I love fashion, I love H & M and I love Africa. I don’t know about you, I’m keeping my hopes high for this new collection that should hit our stores march 2012. Watch this space!

Here are some designs by Marni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to say whats on your mind x

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...