Sunday

Is Kanye West's debut fashion collection a hit or miss?

Kanye West made a debut as a fashion designer with his new fashion collection DW Kanye West at Paris fashion week earlier this month. The line is said to be a tribute to his late mother Donna West. Now I’m not one to be critical, after all I am here to celebrate black fashion designers and an addition to my "lists of likes" can only be something to write home about. The first thing that came to my mind when I first saw the collection was “I wonder if Kanye West’s fashion sense is as genius as his music?” I am a little disappointed though that Mr West didn’t decide on a menswear collection rather than a female collection. I feel he would have had a more positive impact on the mass, judging by the reviews I have read. Who knows Mr West always has a trick up his sleeve, a diffusion menswear collection could be on the cards. I personally feel that Kanye West’s collection was a reflection of his love of luxurious materials and ex Amber Rose. A few times we have seen Mr West in crocodile skin, fur, leather and coats. That’s exactly what he showed at Paris Fashion Week. A part of me thinks this collection was designed with hip hop honeys and video vixens in mind. That’s just my opinion; after all we see videos shot in the middle of a desert and girls scantily clad with pieces of furs all the time. Forget that fur is more suited for an autumn winter collection. Mr West probably knows the attitude of his target market. Here are my top 5 picks including pictures of Mr West himself showing how his own personal style and lifestyle may have influenced his debut collection.Roll on autumn winter 2012 lets see if Kanye pulls a fur trick again.............
 

2 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely perfect. All these tinny details are made with lot of background knowledge. I like it a lot. This was a useful post and I think it is rather easy to see from the other comments as well that this post is well written and useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Levis for your comment. Hope to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to say whats on your mind x

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...